From specification to delivery
Project management of large-scale asbestos removal projects is undertaken to ensure a Client’s interests in terms of health and safety, quality of work, timescale and budget are met.
Asbestos Solutions can act as the client’s consultants with involvement in the following aspects of a scheme:
- Drawing up specification and timescale for asbestos removal schemes
- Identifying and inviting suitable contractors to tender
- Assisting the client in selecting the successful contractor
- Site visits and supervision of contractor to ensure systems of work comply with CAR2012
- Monitoring of contractor’s progress and verification of completed works with appropriate documentation
- Attend pre-project and progress meetings as required by the client
Asbestos removal project
Removing asbestos from a property or site can be very challenging. Not only does asbestos have to be removed under the strict requirements of a licencing regime, but there are often other challenges and safety issues to manage.
Asbestos solutions were instructed by a Local Authority in North Wales to remove asbestos insulating board from bin stores on the first floor landings at a complex of retirement flats.
The asbestos removal took place in eight blocks. Due to the positioning of the bin stores on the landings the project required the residents to leave their property during the work.
The client required us to liaise with residents, attend site meetings and agree with residents a schedule for the work that minimised disturbance to them.
During the work the client conducted a site audit and was very satisfied with the health and safety control measures that we had in place.
The residents were pleased with how little disruption there was to them. The project was completed on time and without any issues, complaints or problems.